Posted 4 weeks ago
Traffic Safety Products
Providing safety and direction to both vehicular and foot traffic on state, county, city, town, village and private roadways.
The Traffic Safety Products division of Eberl Iron Works, Inc., distributes Allied Tube and Conduit, Nucor Marion sign posts, Gregory Industries trailer mounted crash attenuators, and many other safety related products to State, County, and local municipalities. It also manufactures several products in this category. It is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in the New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut market. The main goal of this individual is to help grow and expand business while maintaining a high lever of customer satisfaction.
- Four-year degree with 1-2 years of experience or two-year degree with 3-5 years relevant expereince
- 2-3 years experience in outside sales with a proven track record of success (M)
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members, vendors and customers
- Experience selling into municipalities (M)
- Understanding of project specifications
- Ability to create/deliver presentations to small/large Groups and Senior Management (M)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, leadership, organization and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with traffic control products market
(M) - Most Important and a Must Have
- Reports to Sales Manager
- Customer interaction via Phone/Zoom Calls, Video Selling, email and in person
- Become familiar with competitive products
- Develop/Deliver presentations - both custom and generic, depending on the customer and product to be presented
- Monitor opportunities to bid state, county and local contracts
- Work with customers to ensure quote and delivery deadlines are met
- Weekly/Monthly CRM updates and monthly reports
- Travel throughout assigned territory via car either day trips or overnights (50%)
- Discovering tracking bid opportunities with state entities
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
The Eberl Iron Works, Inc. TSP Product Specialist will be responsible for selling Eberl Iron Works TSP products to existing and new accounts in the assigned territory. The Sales Representative will achieve sales goals ($) by building and maintaining solid, lasting relationships, and introducing new roadside hardware and safety technologies to facilitate the placement of orders for Eberl Iron Works products.
This Position Reports to: National Sales Manager
The territory to be covered with be the Northeastern United States. Activity areas beyond the assigned territory with be at the discretion of the Sales Manager.
III. Product Responsibilities
The TSP Product Specialist will have a primary product responsibility of selling Traffic Safety Products in his/her entire territory. Changes to these responsibilities will be at the discretion of the Sales Manger.
IV. Account Responsibilities
The TSP Product Specialist's primary responsibilities include territory development, product presentations and demonstrations, finding new opportunities from both existing customers and new customers, and following up on quotes. The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling and developing leads approximately 30% of the time and servicing existing accounts 70% of the time. Changes to these responsibilities will be at the discretion of the Sales Manager.
Travel days into/out of your call areas should be Mondays and Fridays unless it is within a reasonable trip to an area close to your home base. Prime selling days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. If necessary, all efforts should be made to plan for air travel (if and when necessary) at least 2 weeks in advance as to mitigate the higher costs of flying. Travel 50% of the time.
Salesperson will be required to communicate his/her weekly & monthly plan activity to the Sales Manager. Weekly phone conference meetings will take place on Mondays to discuss where they have been, where they are going, competition, market trends as well as large project activity and status.
Written reports will be required by the TSP Product Specialist to communicate status of the territory as well as the need for company resources through the CRM program and directly to the Sales Manager on time sensitive projects/issues. Monthly reports are mandatory and must be timely, accurate and detailed. The report should lay out the status of sales initiatives, quote status, changes to business conditions, along with requests for resources and samples. This report will be due within the first week of each month.
How To Apply
If interested, please click the "APPLY FOR JOB" button below to download our job application. Fill out the job application and send it to us, along with a cover letter and resume.
Attn: Justin Carr
128 Sycamore St
Buffalo, NY 14204