Posted 2 months ago
Unistrut Buffalo Supports
A complete line of Genuine Unistrut parts and channel, along with a comprehensive catalog of supporting products.
Eberl Iron Works, Inc., a 98 year old company located in Buffalo, NY, is looking for an estimator in their Unistrut Buffalo Supports division. Eberl Iron Works is a family owned and operated business which is made up of 4 divisions: Metal Fabrication Services, Unistrut Buffalo Supports, Rooftop Support Systems and Traffic Safety Products. We are looking for a motivated person to join our team. The successful applicant would utilize the products that we sell (Unistrut Metal Framing) and other items to provide our commercial customers with costs and estimates.
The successful candidate will work with architects / engineers / general contractors in deciphering their needs either by takeoffs from drawings or from designs to their requirements. They will plan and coordinate the estimating functions in our UBS division, provide a high degree of professionalism by following our company's core values and maintain our standards and procedures.
- Read blueprints and understand the scope of work to bid and submit RFIs as necessary to ensure all parties understand scope.
- Prepare bill of materials from the drawings and calculate all costs required for the job.
- Prepare estimates including materials, shop fabrication labor, engineering and drafting time, etc. through our ERP system (Epicor).
- Work with clients in the design of projects, as needed.
- Prepare drawings in AutoCAD for shop drawings, as needed.
- Consult with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Research construction documents and analyze specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs and estimate costs of material, labor, and use of equipment to fulfill requirements.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers.
- Communicate with all levels of employees at Eberl Iron Works, Inc.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Project a positive, professional image during each contact with a customer, prospect or Eberl colleague.
- Communicate in an honest, direct and respectful manner in all business situations.
- Perform, upon request, any other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
- Attendance and participation as requested by management.
- Be a team player at all times and with all levels of the Eberl Iron Works workforce.
- 4 year college degree required.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Understanding of standard construction materials, methods and procedures.
- 3 years minimum in construction estimating.
- Full knowledge of reading and comprehending blueprints.
- Motivated, self-starter.
- Team player.
- Multitask projects, as needed.
- Must perform work accurately and with a sense of urgency and integrity while paying attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and capability to adeptly operate Epicor, Microsoft Office Suite and any other software required.
Other Job Information
- Position is full time - 40 hours / week: will require additional hours as workload requires.
- A competitive benefit package is included.
- Team atmosphere with small staff, open communication and minimal hierarchy.
- Office is located in downtown Buffalo, NY.
How to Apply
If interested, please click the "APPLY FOR JOB" button below to download our job application. Fill out the job application and send it to us, along with a cover letter and resume.
Our Customer Service Supervisor, Mitch Wojda
Attn: Mitch Wojda
Eberl Iron Works, Inc.
128 Sycamore St.
Buffalo, NY 14204