- EIW Receives 2015 FMA/CNA Safety Award
For more information contact:
Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Names
2015 FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners
ROCKFORD, Ill., March 27, 2015 – The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA) is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s Safety Awards. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe International (TPA) company members, the program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have a commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council and the awards are sponsored by CNA.
The 2015 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records – no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2014.
Companies receiving the 2015 Safety Award of Honor are:
· Eberl Iron Works, Buffalo, N.Y.
· Eskay Metal Fabricating, Buffalo, N.Y.
· Feralloy Processing, Portage, Ind.
· Integrity Stainless, Latrobe, Penn.
· Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
· Olympic Steel – Mt. Sterling, Ky.
· Plymouth Tube – Streator, Ill.
· Progressive Metal Manufacturing Company – Warren, Mich.
The 2015 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2014 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the merit winners, Anderson & Dahlen has won a safety award for nine consecutive years; GH Metal Solutions and Tampa Tank-Florida Structural Steel have each won a safety award for six consecutive years; and BTD - Detroit Lakes and JMC Steel - Harrow, Ontario have each won a safety award for five consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2015 Safety Award of Merit are:
· Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
· BTD Manufacturing – (Four facilities - Detroit Lakes, Minn.; two facilities in Lakeville, Minn.; and Washington, Ill.)
· Buhler Aeroglide, Cary, S.C.
· Cerro Flow Products LLC, Shelbina, Mo.
· Genzink Steel, Holland, Mich.
· GH Metal Solutions, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
· JMC Steel Group - (Four facilities – Blytheville, Ark.; Niles, Ohio; Harrow, Ont.; and Plymouth, Mich.)
· LSI Metal Fabrication, Erlanger, Ky.
· McAlpin Industries, Rochester, N.Y.
· Olympic Steel - (Seven facilities – Schaumburg, Ill.; Dover, Ohio; Winder, Ga.; Gary, Ind.; Chambersburg, Penn.; Plymouth, Mich.; and Detroit, Mich.)
· PlayCore Wisconsin, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
· Shickel Corporation, Bridgewater, Va.
· SPI Lighting, Mequon, Wis.
· Standard Iron – (Four facilities – Monticello, Minn.; Grand Island, Nebr.; Sauk Centre, Minn.; and Alexandria, Minn.)
· Steel Warehouse, Chattanooga, Tenn.
· Tampa Tank, Inc.- Florida Structural Steel, Tampa, Fla.
· The Dupps Company, Germantown, Ohio
· Tri-Tool, Inc., Rancho Cordova, Calif.
The 2015 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2014 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate based on their NAICS code.
Companies receiving the 2015 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
· Harco Metal Products, Valley Head, Ala.
· JMC Steel Group – Chicago – Structural, Chicago, Ill.
· Olympic Steel, Milford, Siler City, N.C.
The 2015 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Olympic Steel of Mt. Sterling, Ky. for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.
“On behalf of the FMA, I’m pleased to announce this year’s FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners,” said Edward Youdell, president and CEO of FMA. “This year’s winning companies provide world-class safety environments that deliver each of their employees the highest commitment to safely returning home at the end of each work day. FMA, along with CNA, are proud to recognize these manufacturers for their outstanding achievements in the area of safety.”
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit OSHA Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2014 through Dec. 31, 2014. Firms of all sizes were eligible. Winners were determined based on NAICS code categories and BLS injury and illness incidence rates.
The awards will be presented at a recognition dinner at the Annual FMA Safety
Conference, which will be held April 22-23, 2015 in Plymouth (Minneapolis), Minn. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. For more information on the awards program, the Safety Conference, or FMA membership, please visit fmanet.org or call 888-394-4362.
CNA is the 7th largest commercial insurer providing insurance protection to more than one million businesses and professionals around the world. CNA has been FMA’s endorsed business insurance provider for over 20 years. The FMA/CNA insurance program offers asset protection tailored to the needs of metal manufacturing companies, dedicated customer service from an independent agent, and industry-specific counsel. To learn more about the FMA/CNA insurance program, visit www.cna.com/fma.
Based in Rockford, Ill., FMA is a professional organization with nearly 2,300 members working together to improve the metal fabricating and forming industry. Founded in 1970, FMA brings metal fabricators and fabricating equipment manufacturers together through technology councils, educational programs, networking events, and the FABTECH® trade show. FMA also has two technology affiliates, the Tube & Pipe Association, International (TPA), which focuses on the unique needs of companies engaged in tube and pipe producing and fabricating; and Sustainable Manufacturer Network, a professional organization of individual members dedicated to working toward environmentally-friendly manufacturing.
# # #